Tuesday, December 03, 2002

I wrote this poem for Carl. If yr wondering why I haven't wrote a poem about you, chances are I have but I just didn't post it here. Please don't e-mail me complaining that I wrote a poem for Carl, but not for any of my other friends. Whatever.

*Real Ways (For Carl)*


The words that float out of my head like bubbles swelling with weight
Ready to burst and burn someone's eye
You are the one in the corners of consciousness watching as the bees unfortunately survive their honeycombs
You with yr idealism
You roach on an old dirty couch breaking dried leaves into a glass bowl
You were there with eyes shining and face lit like a torch

The wings that my lungs become stand to gain from the new found grasp of the metaphysical
Sometimes I just can't help being the way I am
Hello officer welcome to my world
Welcome to the steel gates between anarchy and totalitarianism
How can I help you?
What seems to be the problem?

You were there with bright eyes shining and an handful of smoldering ash
You were lurking like a wallflower in the corners of life
You couldn't bare the flashlight in yr face so when I looked back you were gone
Just another aparition blowing my mind like a 12 gallon drum

No comments: