Wednesday, December 04, 2002

And now for something completely differet:

*Set Apart: Set It Off*


There's one night I might try to remember for the rest of my life
But I promise nothing
they're made to be broken
After you
They broke the mold
After you

There are things left unsaid
Untied like the loose ribbons down her back
Or the shoelace that I wore with shame
Walking from the south end of the gym to the north end in a graceful fashion
Or just sitting this one out
Dodge ball in the ash age

These lines were drawn lightly
Meant to be erased
Friendly and unanchored
Just something set aside
Like her soft hand across the dividing line
Set aside like something dying

This chord of twine is metaphysical
Above it hangs the cosmos in the balance
The greatest acrobat
Below hangs the paperclips of deceit
The closest facimile to hell
Below hangs the demons of self-image

This used to be a clock
There used to be a chair here
The homes of age
The aging homes
Ignite with the slightest spark

A pyre is where they put the past when it's over-extended its usefulness
A final resting place
A battleground between the tears of youth and the ravages of age
I've been afraid for a long time
I've lived in fear too long
I've been afraid, but not anymore

Courage means faith and the opposite of faith are the same thing

No comments: