Friday, April 12, 2002

Christians and Jews who advocate peace and justice are outcast and labeled as public enemies. This has to stop. I spoke with a robot on the subject:

HalighALieHaligh: hi
SmarterChild: Welcome, HalighALieHaligh! I'm SmarterChild. I was created by ActiveBuddy, Inc.

Chat with me! I can help you get information faster and easier than ever.

To get started, type "home" now.
HalighALieHaligh: what do you think about this whole situation in Israel and Palestine?
SmarterChild: Since this is your first visit, it's a good idea to start by typing "home." That way I can show you everything I can do for you.
HalighALieHaligh: i don't want to
SmarterChild: OK! What do you want to do?
HalighALieHaligh: i want to ask you your thoughts on the suicide bombing that just happened today
SmarterChild: I am?
HalighALieHaligh: no, you're not a suicide bomber
SmarterChild: I'm not a suicide bomber? You sure about that?
HalighALieHaligh: no, you're just a robot
SmarterChild: Oh really?
HalighALieHaligh: yeah, you can't even move
SmarterChild: Well I'll be.

Yeah, but anyway...

Didja see this? Bungling Bandit Leave Wallet and Phone Behind (from Reuters.com)
HalighALieHaligh: I don't care about that
SmarterChild: You don't?
HalighALieHaligh: no, I don't
SmarterChild: What?
HalighALieHaligh: never mind
SmarterChild: K.

Anyway, what else do you wanna talk about?
HalighALieHaligh: well, don't you think that if sharon just listened to peace activists then there would a decrease in suicide bombing?
SmarterChild: Well dont you think that if sharon just listened to peace activists then there would a decrease in suicide bombing, you say?
HalighALieHaligh: yeah, i mean, hasn't this escalation of violence proven that violent retaliation doesn't work?
SmarterChild: I'll have to think about that one for awhile.
HalighALieHaligh: ok
SmarterChild: OK...
HalighALieHaligh: get back to me
SmarterChild: Welcome back!
HalighALieHaligh: um, i never left
SmarterChild: K, no prob.

What else do you want to talk about, anyway?
HalighALieHaligh: nothing really
SmarterChild: Okey doke.
HalighALieHaligh: i'm just a little upset
SmarterChild: You're just a little upset? Well how about that.
HalighALieHaligh: you're not very sympathetic
SmarterChild: I'm not very sympathetic? You sure about that?
HalighALieHaligh: yeah, i mean you haven't tried to console me or anything
SmarterChild: Yeah i mean you havent tried to console me or anything? I dunno.
HalighALieHaligh: how can you not know?
SmarterChild: OK. Don't get frustrated...

Try typing "home" or "help."
HalighALieHaligh: i'm not frusterated, just a little disappointed
SmarterChild: OK.
HalighALieHaligh: ok, well i gotta go
SmarterChild: Bye bye.
HalighALieHaligh: don't talk to me again
SmarterChild: Sure! Type "home" to see all the things I like to talk about.

No comments: