Monday, January 31, 2011

I Am The Clouds And The SKY

I am the clouds and the sky
I wonder what is unfolding below
I hear the cries of children and the screams of women
I see a holocaust unfolding before me
I want this horror to stop
But I am merely the clouds and the sky.

I pretend that all is well where I dwell
I feel the tempest of pain from sufferers
I touch the tormented hearts and souls
I worry the hurricane of death will never cease
I cry so that my tears may wash away the blood I see
But I am merely the clouds and the sky.

I understand the hurt and loss of those beneath me
I speak soothing words to assuage the injured grass
I dream the sun will shine through me and bring hope
I try to tornado this hurricane
I hope the evil will dissolve in my grasp
But I am merely the clouds and the sky.

Mohammad J. Alam

No comments: