Thursday, August 21, 2008

i've got a new beast and a new study
drifting in the angel night of air
the willow tree beckons
climb me for i am gentle and kind
my my old bear
isn't yr skin rough
my old indian bear
aren't you so thick in yr tissues
and isn't yr hair like wire
and my lifelessness shames me
oh wise sage
tell me of your children
tell me of rivers and all the things that flow
give me gifts of the spirit
take me into the sky
give me new studies and new beasts
open up my breast
to accept the violence of the spirit
let me taste of the blood of life and death
let me eat the sacred flesh
crucify me
tell me secrets i am not allowed to tell
tell me recipes for potions and brews
i am a lifeless wanderer
give me direction
give me a third eye to see
and i will never ask for that which is not for me
i will want only what i am owed
i will not carry unnecessary burdens
i will not harbor the violent things of flesh
but i will accept the ugliness of the spirit
because i will see the beauty of things that have passed

No comments: