Saturday, February 17, 2007

I think the Seraphim are making me eat crow or something. I can't seem to get around the angle of compass. Those thirty three degrees and those years in the earthly ministry. I mean, is it really possible to consciously create reality? Can I make someone fall in love with me or can I cause a car accident? Can I decide when to sleep and when to be awake? All these questions confound the qualified diety. What once was intrigue became blasphemy and now that the taboo has become most holy the laity will lose their interest. It's okay though, my anger will be poured out like rancid soup, onto the frozen ground to cut the awkward ice. I will be naked and turning blue. Shaking violently. Soon my fingers and toes will turn black and then the black part will spread throughout my entire body, until my organs are frost bitten. Then I will succumb to the final narrative. I will be a frozen wildebeast. I will look in the glacier for food but none will present itself. I will be captive to my own limitation. Where will you be? Still surviving like me? Or will you be warm in a house somewhere waiting for the savior to wash your feet? Will you be cooking a meal from the spoils of hegemony? Will it be a stew made from rotten vegetables and rancid meat? Will you swallow each bite as though it were an expensive medicine? I'm sorry but I'm done eating. My belly has swollen to beach ball capacity. Nobody is looking. I think I'll just shave a little off the top. Then I'll feel like dancing. Then I'll be the life of the party. I'll get a few drinks and start puking. I'll let the night take me. I won't be able to take my mind off me. I'll be making faces in the mirror. I'll be combing my hair and doing my make up. I'll be looking so pretty you can't help but love me. You'll be in a dress moving slowly. I'll be walking on a cloud like a russian ballet dancer. But you'll be walking but never moving. You'll always be stationary.

No comments: