Friday, August 16, 2002

I've been writing a lot, but haven't had the time or ambition to post any new poems lately. Here are a few to make up for it.

*Hearts Locked in Lethe*


Isn't it just like the black sheep to not leave a will and testiment
I've been beautiful and broken for a million years if a day
Naked corpose stiff as a statue

The ghost of the living lays next to me in bed
I can feel her here like one of those dreams where she flys in through the window
She is breathing faintly, struggling

The young have a tendency to pair off
Now hear the word of the lord all ye unfaithful
Dem dry bones gonna walk around

They're getting louder and more frequent now
The locusts of self-doubt draw closer
Sometimes I can talk myself right out of what I tell myself to do

The aphids are restless and intoxicated with their ambrosia
The pollen lingers on their lips as they move to squalk out another proverbial chapter
They love the story too much to think of any decent ending

I'm lost again in the hall of mirrors
Someone lured me in; I was closing my eyes and holding their hand
Now I'm somewhere in the middle wielding a brick

We've bent the bars of our cages too long
It's time for someone to bake a cake with a chainsaw inside
I hear the blades stay nice and cool in the oven

Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life
Today I'm just too old to change
And the steel joints of this rickety old skeleton are rusted from hanging in a closet for too long



*[untitled]*


I had a great name for this poem but I forgot what it is
I couldn't remember if I tried
It came to me in a daze like a dove from heaven and left my mortal head just as swiftly
Now it's gone gone gone like the candy after the piƱata breaks
So why even bother

Am I right?

Tell me I'm right
Because I've been through a lot lately and I just need to hear that
To make me feel like the victim of sincerity and the forgotten amidst chastity

Sometimes we just close our eyes to things we'd rather not see
Like that day she moved her desk closer to mine and we accidentally held hands
Then we just forgot everything; just friends again

So is this one of those things that just get filed away under 'stuff it's best if I didn't talk about ever again'
Or is it one of those magical touches like they describe in the movies where paradigms change and hope is resurrected

I had a feeling
But it's long since passed
I was too scared to describe it for the longest time
But now I'm just hoping you'll listed

Dolly Parton's on the television singing about riding horses
Then she drives off into the sunset in an SUV
A cloud of smoke follows her
And someone wonders where the flowers ran away to as they kiss her glossy-paper lips ont he wall of a mountain shack where ghosts once sang the blues at night
But now even they're too scared to come out

a good website: http://www.sonicyouth.com/

No comments: